Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ready...set...bring it on!

Saturday, February 27 I got a call from mom about the earthquake in Chile over night and that it was supposed to trigger a tsunami that would head for Hawaii. I looked it up on the internet and found that there was an earthquake in Japan too. Fortunately, the tsunami did not materialize but it got me to thinking that I have never made the time to put together a respectable 72 hour kit. I started to make a check off sheet and ordered a few cool things online. The crazy thing about it all was the next day in church no one brought up the subject of these earthquakes, but there was so much talk about physical preparedness as well as spiritual. Creepy!

This past weekend I also decided to dedicate one of my cabinets to food storage. As I was doing this the thought came to me..."what happens if a meteor hits my apartment while I'm gone? There goes my food storage"...or "what if the second coming happens before I get to use my food storage?" Of course I know that the main point is that I am doing what the Lord has asked me to do and I feel really good about it.

I am almost done getting everything I want for my kit, including some MREs from mom. Tonight I went and bought a huge backpack to put it all in. It's way cool and even fits extra clothes. I'm ready!

(On Monday, March 8 there was an earthquake in Turkey too.)




The finished product.


My favorite purchase tonight!

No comments: