Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Business Trip: The Big Island

I had another off island business trip this past holiday weekend. It was in Hilo, which is on the Big Island, and since I had only seen a small portion of the island we decided that would be my birthday present. We stayed at a cute hotel on Hilo Bay and spent three full days driving around.
I once enjoyed a good road trip, but after living on the small island of Oahu for the past year and a half we did not get far each day before I would ask "are we there yet" or just pass out. Oh, and I was strugglen' in the 60 degree weather over there. Yes people, it snows on the Big Island. See snow shots below along with other random photos.
I really wanted to show off the old lava flows and black sand that make up the Big Island's great landscape. If some photos seem weird it was a little hazy a few days. Also the flower shot and weird animals in the water shot are to so off my new camera's wicked extreme close-up feature. Enjoy!!








































4 comments:

Stephanie Westhoff said...

Wow, these pictures are awesome, Katie! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Ruth said...

Those were the days! Glad you had a great birthday trip. What are your thoughts about Africa now? www.makeaworldofdifference.org Let me know. Korilyn will be there and I am waiting on Dr.'s appoval.

Rachael said...

Ok, thanks a lot! Now I want to go buy a new camera before my trip over there! Maybe I'll just steal yours or have you come along as my personal photographer!

Mary W said...

Thanks guys!!

Ruth I don't think I will make it to Africa this summer. Is there no way you would consider next summer too? I'd consider going by myself but it would be more fun if you were there! :)